- Home to LMIC
- Home to e-Labor Bulletin
- Overview of the Labor Market
- Economic Snapshot
- Tables of Most Current Data Available
- Nonfarm Wage & Salaried Workers
- Labor Supply
- Labor Force
- Annualized Pay of Workers Covered by Reemployment Assistance (formerly Unemployment Insurance)
- Activities of the South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation
- Employment Service Activities (job service offices)
- National Economic Indicators
- South Dakota Labor Bulletin Articles
- South Dakota e-Labor Bulletin Archive
South Dakota e-Labor Bulletin
Rapid City Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA)
Nonfarm Worker Levels
Not Seasonally Adjusted
|Private Service Providing||47,300||43,900||52,400||7.7%||-9.7%|
|Mining, Logging and Construction||5,700||5,500||5,300||3.6%||7.5%|
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||12,900||12,200||13,700||5.7%||-5.8%|
|Transportation, Warehousing and Utilities||1,700||1,700||1,900||0.0%||-10.5%|
|Professional and Business Services||6,200||6,100||6,100||1.6%||1.6%|
|Education and Health Services||11,600||11,400||12,100||1.8%||-4.1%|
|Leisure and Hospitality||9,000||6,800||12,400||32.4%||-27.4%|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||3,100||2,900||3,500||6.9%||-11.4%|
|Notes: 2020 data is preliminary and subject to revision. Data may not sum to totals because of rounding.|
|Source: Labor Market Information Center, South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation. Produced in cooperation with the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Access historical Rapid City MSA nonfarm wage and salaried worker data.
See the definition of nonfarm wage and salaried workers.
See the definition of the Rapid City MSA.
See technical notes about nonfarm worker estimates.