- Home to DLR
- Home to Training Opportunities
- Post-Secondary Success Modules
- Training Providers & Programs
- Registered Apprenticeships
- Senior Community Service Employment Program
- StartTodaySD Apprenticeship Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Workforce Development Council
- Workforce Training for Adults & Dislocated Workers
- Workforce Training for Young Adults
- Additional Opportunities
SD UpSkill | Level up your career. Level up your life.
Get Money Toward a Certificate with SD UpSkill.
Earning a certificate can help you make big changes in your career and big plans in your life. That is why SD UpSkill is here – to help shoulder the cost of a certificate for our state’s most in-demand industries. Get a new credential that opens doors – all for little or no cost.
Why Earn a Certificate?
Earning a certificate can add credibility and skills to your resume, helping you land a new job or promotion. What’s better – most certificates are 18-credit programs offered online, in person or through hybrid formats. They’re designed to complete quickly, so you can start putting your education to work. Credits can also be applied to associate or bachelor’s programs.
How it Works
SD UpSkill can help you earn a certificate degree for little or no cost. Eligibility depends on your employment status, income and more. Once you browse UpSkill’s eligible program options and see a certificate that’s right for you, start by applying at the technical college offering that program. After you’re accepted, we’ll get in touch with the next steps.
SD UpSkill is made possible through the South Dakota Board of Technical Education and the Department of Labor and Regulation. That means in addition to help with school, you’ll also get connected with training, tools and more to make your big move a success.
Deadline for Spring 2023 semester was Tuesday, Dec. 27
Individuals are eligible to apply to the technical college and DLR at any point for consideration of financial assistance for future semesters.
You may be eligible based on income, job status or other things like being a single parent.
Read more to see who’s eligible.
Through SD UpSkill, you can earn money toward a certificate at one of South Dakota's technical colleges. Not all technical colleges offer programs each semester.
Upping your game with SD UpSkill is easy. It all starts with finding the certificate program that’s right for you. Then:
- Apply to the technical college that’s offering your certificate of interest. Please note, the deadline for Spring 2023 semester was Tuesday, Dec. 27. Individuals are eligible to apply to the technical college and DLR at any point for consideration of financial assistance for future semesters.
- A DLR representative will get in touch if you’re eligible for UpSkill.
- Once we contact you, you’ll complete UpSkill orientation to get tools, training and career coaching right away.