National Career Readiness Certificate
The National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC™) is an industry-recognized, portable, evidence-based credential that certifies skills necessary for workplace success. This credential is used across all sectors of the economy and verifies the following cognitive skills:
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Reading and using work-related text
- Applying information from workplace documents to solve problems
- Applying mathematical reasoning to work-related problems
- Setting up and performing work-related mathematical calculations
- Locating, synthesizing and applying information presented graphically
- Comparing, summarizing and analyzing information presented in multiple related graphics
Individuals can earn the NCRC by taking three WorkKeys® assessments:
WorkKeys assessments measure skills employers believe are critical to job success. Assessment questions are based on situations in the everyday work world. Learn more about each of the assessments and view sample questions on the National Career Readiness Certificate website.
Read a column by former Governor Dennis Daugaard about the value of the NCRC.
South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation
123 W. Missouri Ave.
Pierre, SD 57501