- Home to DLR
- Home to Reemployment Assistance
- Advisory Council
- Services for Individuals
- Services for Businesses
- Employer Menu
- Register Your Business
- File a Quarterly Report
- Report New Hires
- Filing Instructions for Bulk Claims
- State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) e-Response
- Wage Reporting
- Preparing for an Audit
- Employer Handbook (Adobe PDF format)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Field Locations
- Posting Requirement
- Employer Appeals
- Report New Hires
- Report Possible Fraud
- Equal Opportunity to Services
- South Dakota Laws & Rules
Reemployment Assistance (RA) provides temporary financial assistance for people who have lost their job until they find other employment. South Dakota's reemployment assistance program is financed by employers through payroll taxes; workers do not contribute to this plan.
Reemployment Assistance for Individuals
Reemployment Assistance for Businesses
South Dakota Unemployment Benefit Identity Theft
Individuals and employers who suspect an unemployment benefits claim may have been filed using a stolen identity, see our Unemployment Benefit Identity Theft page for actions to take.
New RA Claims Online System Launched
We have launched a new RA Claims OnlineSystem. From this new interface, you can file initial claims, make weekly requests for payment, check Electronic Correspondence, and more.
RA Tax (RA for Businesses) online system is not affected by this update.
Report No Shows, Refusal of Suitable Work or Interviews or Refusal to Return to Work After Layoff
Please visit our Refusal to Work page to report:
- Individuals who refuse to interview or to accept a suitable job offer, do not show up for work, etc.
- Employees who have been placed on temporary layoff but refuse to return to work or quit without good cause.
Reemployment Assistance Division
South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation
P.O. Box 4730
Aberdeen, SD 57402-4730
Phone: If you do not know which section listed above you need to speak with, please call 605.626.2452 for assistance.