- Home to DLR
- Home to Workforce Services for Individuals
- Adult Education
- Apprenticeship Opportunities
- Career Exploration
- Disability Resources
- Dislocated (Laid Off) Workers
- Trade Adjustment Assistance Program
- Find a Job
- High School Equivalency
- Individuals Age 55+
- Job Search Tools
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Reemployment Assistance Benefits
- Training Opportunities
- Workforce Development Council
- Young Adults
- Find a Local Office
Workforce Training and Education | Soft Skills
Bring Your 'A' Game to Work — Soft Skills Training Opportunity
Bring Your ‘A’ Game is offered at no cost to businesses and individuals, subject to funding availability.
Bring Your ‘A’ Game is an engaging curriculum for building the seven foundational workplace skills of work ethic. Unlike boring training programs, this interactive curriculum consistently delivers lasting impact. It is fully customizable to meet the changing demands of serving unique populations.
Bring Your ‘A’ Game tackles the seven most important soft skill behaviors:
Bring Your 'A' Game Anywhere (Virtual Course)
Bring Your ‘A’ Game Anywhere is the perfect solution for soft skills development in these changing times. The e-learning course provides accessibility for participants to continue elevating their work ethic, anytime, anywhere, and on any device. Now, more than ever, it is critically important for job seekers to be prepared with exceptional soft skills. Participants can develop these skills no matter where they are to prepare for sustained, gainful employment.
Bring Your ‘A’ Game Anywhere is a practical approach for virtual learning with numerous features participants will benefit from:
- Ten interactive eLearning modules — each designed to be completed in 20 minutes
- Participant-centered design to engage the learner
- Interactive worksheets that build on the learning
- Built-in knowledge checks that validate the learning of each workplace skill
- Access to the Certificate of Work Ethic Proficiency Exam
Following the completion of a workshop, individuals will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Available to South Dakota school districts and South Dakota residents.
- Bring Your ‘A’ Game Anywhere — Individuals must request login information for virtual workshops:
In case studies done on the workshops by The Center for Work Ethic Development, employees felt significantly more confident, prepared and excited for work after their certification.
- 30% felt more confident
- 93% felt less angry
- 22% felt more prepared
- 21% felt more excited
- 19% felt less nervous
Employees had a more defined sense of purpose in their reasons for working after certification.
- A sense of accomplishment as a reason for working increased by more than 40%.
- Being bored as a reason for working decreased by 50%.
More indicators of improved performance after completing the training included:
- Showing up for work more consistently
- Having a better attitude on the job
- Wearing the assigned uniform all the time
- Being more eager to learn on the job
- Showing more respect for the manager
- Treating customers with more respect
What South Dakota Participants are Saying
"The workshop was wonderful, valid and engaging. It was the BEST workshop attended in a very long time"
"In 37 years with my company, this is one of the BEST seminars I have attended"
"The class was eye opening. I have been through many classes like this but this class had more meaning."