- Home to DLR
- Home to Workforce Services for Businesses
- Adult Education
- High School Equivalency
- Incumbent Worker
- Job Shadowing/Informational Interviews
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- On-the-Job Training
- Registered Apprenticeships
- Senior Community Service Employment Program
- Soft Skills Training
- Tuition Assistance
- Workforce Development Council
Workforce Training and Education
Bring your 'A' Game to Work - Soft Skills Training Opportunity
Bring Your ‘A’ Game is offered at no cost to businesses and individuals, subject to funding availability.
The seven soft skill behaviors determined to be the most important are addressed in the Bring your ‘A’ Game to Work training: Attendance, Appearance, Attitude, Ambition, Accountability, Acceptance and Appreciation.
The curriculum is designed for participants to discover these skills through activities and group participation. The curriculum has three different workshop options; up to 2-hour sessions, 4-hour sessions, or an 8-hour session including versions for youth and adults.
Seven partners across the state are setting up Soft Skills Workshops. They have received certificates in the train-the-trainer workshop and are working on scheduling workshops in their areas. The partners include:
- Black Hills Special Services: covering Northern and Southern Black Hills and Rapid City
- Cornerstones: covering Huron, Aberdeen, Mitchell, Yankton and Vermillion
- Lake Area Technical Institute: covering Watertown, Brookings, Sisseton and Milbank
- Lutheran Social Services, covering Sioux Falls
- OutSource Projects: covering Madison
- The Right Turn: covering Pierre, Blunt, Chamberlain, Mission, Winner, Presho, Pukwana, Rosebud and Fort Thompson
- Southeast Technical Institute: covering Sioux Falls
Following completion of the workshop, individuals will receive a Certificate of Completion.
In case studies that were done on the workshops, employees felt significantly more confident, prepared and excited for work after their certification.
- 30% felt more confident
- 93% fewer felt less angry
- 22% more felt prepared
- 21% more felt excited
- 19% fewer felt nervous
Employees had a more defined sense of purpose in their reason for working after certification.
- A sense of accomplishment as a reason for working increased by more than 40%.
- Being bored as a reason for working decreased 50%.
More indicators of improved performance after completing the training have included:
- Showing up for work more consistently
- Having a better attitude on the job
- Wearing the assigned uniform all the time
- Being more eager to learn on the job
- Showing more respect for the manager
- Treating customers with more respect
What Participants are Saying
"The workshop was wonderful, valid and engaging. It was the BEST workshop attended in a very long time"
"In 37 yrs with my company, this is one of the BEST seminars I have attended"
"The class was eye opening. I have been through many classes like this but this class had more meaning."
View upcoming workshops across the state.