- Home to DLR
- Home to Reemployment Assistance
- Advisory Council
- Services for Individuals
- Services for Businesses
- Report New Hires
- Report Possible Fraud
- Equal Opportunity to Services
- South Dakota Laws & Rules
Reemployment Assistance Benefits
File a Weekly Request for Payment
You must file a weekly request for payment each week to receive benefits. You have two options for filing the weekly request, online or by telephone with the automated phone system. You must answer questions to determine your eligibility for benefits for each week you file. Before filing, review the important information below.
When to File
The reemployment assistance claim week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday at midnight. Your weekly request for payment will be filed for the previous week. You cannot file for the week until it is over. We encourage you to file your claim on Sunday or as soon as possible after the Saturday week-ending date.
Your failure to file a weekly request for payment in a timely manner could result in a denial of benefits. You have seven days from the end of the week to file for the previous week. All weekly requests for payment are recorded at Central Standard Time (CST). If you do not file your weekly request for payment within that one week filing time, you will need to call Customer Service at 605.626.2452.
You should file a weekly request for payment every week, even if you are doing any of the following:
- Waiting to find out if you qualify for benefits.
- Working and have hours and wages to report.
- Appealing a denial of benefits.
Your “Waiting Week”
The first eligible weekly request for payment you file will be counted as your “waiting week”. You will not be paid benefits for your waiting week. Everyone serves one waiting week per benefit year.
Processing of Benefit Payments
If you meet all the eligibility requirements and file your request each week, you should receive your first payment within three weeks after you apply for benefits. Payments are processed within two business days. If there is an issue with your weekly request that prevents your payment from being issued, you will be notified. Your benefits cannot be paid until the issue has been resolved. If you have questions, contact Customer Service at 605.626.2452.
Confirmation of Your Weekly Request for Payment
When filing your weekly request for payment, you must receive confirmation that your request has been accepted. Your request for payment has not been filed if you do not receive confirmation. If this happens, you may re-file your request for payment as long as it is filed within seven days of the end of the week you are claiming.
- File online 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- File by phone at 605.626.3212, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
LOG IN HERE
Log in to file a weekly request for payment online.
- You can either speak or key in your responses
- It is recommended that you call from a quiet location
- You will need to establish a PIN (Personal Identification Number). You may use any combination except 0000. This PIN is your electronic signature. Do not give your PIN to anyone. You are responsible for all payments made using your PIN.
Back to main Reemployment Assistance Benefits page