- Home to DLR
- Home to Electrical Commission
- Commission Information
- Consumer Complaints
- Disciplinary Actions
- Fees for Inspections
- Homeowner Wiring
- Experience Requirements for Licensure
- Applications & Forms for Licensure
- Continuing Education Requirements
- Continuing Education by Licensee
- Exams for Licensure
- Reciprocal Agreements for Licensure
- South Dakota Laws & Rules
- Tool Box - Resources for Electricians
- Undertaking & Insurance Requirement
- Wiring Bulletin (Adobe PDF)
- Contact Us
- Other Boards & Commissions
South Dakota Electrical Commission
South Dakota Laws and Rules
The South Dakota Electrical Commission's Wiring Bulletin contains a list of current laws and regulations impacting wiring.
Laws of South Dakota governing electrical wiring licenses are in South Dakota Codified Law (SDCL) Chapter 36-16.
The administrative rules establishing the inspection fees are in Administrative Rules of South Dakota (ARSD) Article 20:44.
South Dakota Administrative Rules Related to Continuing Education
20:44:17:01 - Continuing Education Requirements
20:44:17:02 - Requirements for counting credit
20:44:17:03 - Course work allowable
20:44:17:04 - Criteria for granting continuing education course credit
20:44:17:05 - Application for approval of instructor and course offering
20:44:17:06 - Application for credit approval
20:44:17:07 - Course change/late approval
20:44:17:08 - Suspension, revocation, or denial of course approval
20:44:17:09 - Auditing
20:44:17:10 - Continuing education certificate of attendance
From time to time, the South Dakota Electrical Commission proposes or supports changes to existing statutes or rules.
Business Tax Requirements
Visit the South Dakota Department of Revenue website for information on business tax requirements in the state.