- Home to DLR
- Home to Electrical Commission
- Commission Information
- Consumer Complaints
- Disciplinary Actions
- Fees for Inspections
- Homeowner Wiring
- Experience Requirements for Licensure
- Applications & Forms for Licensure
- Continuing Education Requirements
- Exams for Licensure
- Reciprocal Agreements for Licensure
- South Dakota Laws & Rules
- Tool Box - Resources for Electricians
- Undertaking & Insurance Requirement
- Wiring Bulletin (Adobe PDF)
- Contact Us
- Other Boards & Commissions
South Dakota Electrical Commission
South Dakota Laws and Rules
The South Dakota Electrical Commission's Wiring Bulletin contains a list of current laws and regulations impacting wiring.
Laws of South Dakota governing electrical wiring licenses are in South Dakota Codified Law (SDCL) Chapter 36-16.
The administrative rules for electricians are in Administrative Rules of South Dakota (ARSD) Article 20:44. Within this section:
The administrative rules related to qualifications and licenses are in ARSD Article 20:44:16
The administrative rules related to continuing education are in ARSD Article 20:44:17
The administrative rules establishing inspection fees are in ARSD Article 20:44:20.
From time to time, the South Dakota Electrical Commission proposes or supports changes to existing statutes or rules.
Business Tax Requirements
Visit the South Dakota Department of Revenue website for information on business tax requirements in the state.