- Home to DLR
- Home to Electrical Commission
- Commission Information
- Consumer Complaints
- Disciplinary Actions
- Fees for Inspections
- Homeowner Wiring
- Experience Requirements for Licensure
- Applications & Forms for Licensure
- Continuing Education Requirements
- Continuing Education by Licensee
- Exams for Licensure
- Reciprocal Agreements for Licensure
- South Dakota Laws & Rules
- Tool Box - Resources for Electricians
- Undertaking & Insurance Requirement
- Wiring Bulletin (Adobe PDF)
- Contact Us
- Other Boards & Commissions
South Dakota Electrical Commission
In order to take an exam, you must meet the requirements for each license you have chosen. See our Licensing page for more information as needed.
You must submit an application (with the required application fee) to the Commission office. See our Forms page for the appropriate application form.
Once your application is approved, we will send you the details you need to locate the appropriate exam site and sit for the exam. You will have 90 days to make these arrangements.
Remember, you may not take the exam without prior written approval.
Call Diana at the Commission office at 605.773.3573 for additional information.