- Home to DLR
- Home to Real Estate Commission
- Commission Information
- Consumer Complaints
- Consumer Information
- Email us
- Fee Schedule
- Guidance from SDREC
- Home Inspector Information
- South Dakota Laws and Rules
- License Verification
- Online Licensee Services
- Contact Us
- Other Boards & Commissions
South Dakota Real Estate Commission
Nonresident Licensing Information
Nonresidents of South Dakota seeking to obtain the equivalent South Dakota license must successfully complete the below requirements.
To make application for licensure with the South Dakota Real Estate Commission, complete the following:
- Request DCI fingerprint cards from the Real Estate Commission
- Register and pass the State Exam at goamp.com
Mail packet to the Real Estate Commission containing:
- Completed application with appropriate fee
- Original score report for state portion of licensing examination
- Certificate of license history from the real estate regulatory agency from each state/jurisdiction in which you currently hold or have ever held a license
- Must be dated within the last 30 days
- Proof of errors and omissions insurance
- Completed fingerprint cards and check for $43.25 made payable to "DCI"
If you are a salesperson or broker associate, the responsible broker must obtain a South Dakota broker license.
A firm license must also be obtained if the company is a partnership, limited liability partnership, corporation, limited liability company, or association.
You will need to contact the Secretary of State in order to conduct business in the state of South Dakota.
You will also need to contact the South Dakota Department of Revenue for business tax information.