- Home to DLR
- Home to Plumbing Commission
- Commission Information
- Consumer Information
- Homeowner Plumbing
- Online Applications & Payments (Licenses, Exams, Publications & Certificates)
- South Dakota Laws & Rules
- Useful Links
- Contact Us
- Other Boards & Commissions
South Dakota Plumbing Commission
Notice: SDAPHCC and IAPMO postponing remaining Continuing Education Classes for March
SDAPHCC and IAPMO have rescheduled the remaining Continuing Education Classes for March
The following classes have been rescheduled:
Oct. 8 — Sioux Falls at Ramkota Hotel – Lincoln/Jefferson Room, 3200 W. Maple St.
Oct. 12 — Rapid City at Ramkota Hotel – Sylvan II Room, 211 N. LaCrosse St.
Oct. 13 — Watertown at Watertown Events Center — Cattail/Swan Room, 1901 9th Ave. SW
Oct. 14 — Spearfish at Holiday Inn – Willow/Aspen/Spruce Rm, 305 N. 27th St.
Oct. 14 — Sioux Falls at Ramkota Hotel – Washington Room, 3200 W. Maple St.
Oct. 15 — Rapid City at Ramkota Hotel – Sylvan II Room, 211 N. LaCrosse St.
Oct. 19 — Mitchell at Highland Conference Center – Ballroom C*, 2000 Highland Way
New COVID-19 Requirements
- Class size will be limited to properly maintain social distancing. Walk-in registrants will only be accepted if space allows.
- Pre-registration and contact information is required to adequately monitor class size and send notifications.
- Do not attend class if you are feeling ill or have knowingly been exposed to the virus. Please call the SDAPHCC Office (605.271.7255) as soon as possible to cancel your registration. Your registration fee can either be refunded or applied to the online course.
- If the class has to be cancelled, an email will be sent to notify all class registrants. Please be sure to include a valid email address with your registration. Information will also be posted on the SDAPHCC website.
- The online course is still available for those who are unable to attend in person and can be accessed on the SDAPHCC website.
Each applicant for renewal of a plumbing contractor, restricted plumbing contractor, plumber or restricted plumber and third-year apprentice by examination, license must successfully complete a minimum of four hours of continuing education relating to the plumbing trade during the previous calendar year.
All Continuing Education providers, please go through the application process to meet the annual continuing education requirements.
The commission may make exceptions and grant extensions for continuing education for reasons of health, military service or other reasonable cause if adequate proof is provided to the commission.
iOnline training is available through the following approved education providers:
American Plumbing Institute
1st Choice CE
@ Your Pace Online
B.R. Engelking Co. Inc.
CE Made Simple
The CEU Authority
Plumbing Training Institute
Additional Acceptable Course Offerings
- Other Plumbing Commission offerings.
- South Dakota Association of Plumbing, Heating and Cooling Contractors, Inc. (SDPHCC)
- Continuing Education Class Offerings, Reigstration Information (Adobe PDF format)
For more information, visit the SDPHCC website.
- International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Official offerings.
- National Association of Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Contractors offerings.
- SD Rural Water Association offerings.
- South Dakota Association of Plumbing, Heating and Cooling Contractors, Inc. (SDPHCC) 2020 Continuing Education Classes (Adobe PDF format)
- A continuing education course offered in another state may be accepted if the course meets or exceeds the requirements of South Dakota.
Any courses (offered by the above-mentioned associations require prior approval from the SD) listed by the education providers on StateReporting.com have received the requisite prior approval from the South Dakota State Plumbing Commission.