- Home to DLR
- Home to Plumbing Commission
- Commission Information
- Consumer Information
- Homeowner Plumbing
- Online Applications & Payments (Licenses, Exams, Publications & Certificates)
- South Dakota Laws & Rules
- Useful Links
- Contact Us
- Other Boards & Commissions
South Dakota Plumbing Commission
Each applicant for renewal of a plumbing contractor, restricted plumbing contractor, plumber or restricted plumber and third-year apprentice by examination, license must successfully complete a minimum of four hours of continuing education relating to the plumbing trade during the previous calendar year.
All Continuing Education providers, please go through the application process to meet the annual continuing education requirements.
The commission may make exceptions and grant extensions for continuing education for reasons of health, military service or other reasonable cause if adequate proof is provided to the commission.
Online training is available through the following approved education providers:
All Star Training
American Plumbing Institute
1st Choice CE
@ Your Pace Online
B.R. Engelking Co. Inc.
CE Made Simple
The CEU Authority
Plumbers Training Institute
Additional Acceptable Course Offerings
- Other Plumbing Commission offerings.
- South Dakota Association of Plumbing, Heating and Cooling Contractors, Inc. (SDPHCC). View 2021 Continuing Education Classes brochure (Adobe PDF format).
- International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Official offerings.
- National Association of Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Contractors offerings.
- SD Rural Water Association offerings.
- A continuing education course offered in another state may be accepted if the course meets or exceeds the requirements of South Dakota.
Any courses (offered by the above-mentioned associations require prior approval from the SD) listed by the education providers on StateReporting.com have received the requisite prior approval from the South Dakota State Plumbing Commission.