Marcia Hultman

Cabinet Secretary

Font Size: A A A

Division of Insurance

Flood Insurance

Flood insurance is administered through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) by the federal National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). It is different than most homeowner or dwelling policies, which in most cases do not cover flood damage.

Flood Disaster and Insurance Questions and Answers

For FEMA Disaster Assistance, call 800.621.3362. For general flood insurance questions, you may call NFIP at 800.427.4661, your insurance company or agent, or the Division of Insurance.

Helpful Links

2019 Flood Insurance FAQs

FEMA National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)

Filing a Flood Insurance Claim (from

NFIP Claims Handbook

NFIP Summary of Coverage

What to Do Before and After a Flood

Contact the Division of Insurance