- Home to DLR
- Home to Division of Insurance
- About Us
- Agent or Company License Verification
- File a Complaint
- File an External Review Request
- Find Company Financial Ratings
- Guidance on Various Topics
- Laws, Administrative Rules, Bulletins, Memorandums
- Publications (Alerts, Newsletters)
- Report Insurance Fraud
- Search Insurance Company Rate and Form Filings
- Sign up for Alerts & Bulletins
- Useful Links
- Workers' Compensation
- Contact the Division of Insurance
Division of Insurance - Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM) Complaints
Pharmacy benefit managers operating in South Dakota must be licensed as a third party administrator pusuant to chapter 58-29D.
Persons who have observed, learned about or been made aware of a business practice that may violate South Dakota pharmacy benefit managers (PBM) law may advise the Division of Insurance of your concerns or request an investigation by completing the Pharmacy Benefits Managment Complaint form.
Pharmacy Benefit Managment Complaint Process
If you have a complaint, contact the entity involved first. Many complaints can be resolved by talking to them about your issue.
If you are still unable to resolve your complaint, you can file a complaint* with the Division of Insurance here or contact the Division at 605.773.3563 and speak to a division representative about your issue.
Pharmacy Benfit Management Complaint Form*
*This form is NOT for consumer heath insurance plan prescription drug benefit/formulary complaints. A consumer prescription drug health benefit complaint can be filed here. File complaints about securities regulations here.
Contact the Division of Insurance