- Home to DLR
- Home to Job Service Offices
- Recruitment and Hiring
- Job Search Tools
- Find Your Job Service Office
- Workforce Services for Businesses
- Workforce Services for Individuals
- Other Helpful Resources
Virtual Job Service
Welcome to the Virtual Job Service page. DLR is excited to expand our service delivery and meet your needs virtually. Through Microsoft Teams, you can receive the same supports and services you are accustomed to receiving at your Job Service office through a computer or phone at a location comfortable to you.
Whether you are changing careers or expanding your skill set, the South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation (DLR) is here to help. Before we can help you reach your goals, read through and complete the tasks on this page. If you need help along the way, please contact us and someone will reach out to assist you within three business days.
Complete Pre-Enrollment to Request Services
Please allow one to two hours to complete the following:
- Start by watching this short video, Starting your Journey with DLR Employment Services: What you Need to Know
Read the script for the above video
- Collect your I9 Documents (see Page 2 of the forms packet) and complete this form packet: English forms packet | Spanish forms packet.
- If your age requires a parent/guardian signature, DLR will help obtain this after you submit your packet.
- If you already have an account and know your username and password, please login to review and update your information.
- If you have an account but can’t remember the user name or password, email the SDWORKS Help Desk or contact your nearest Job Service office.
- If you don’t have an account, you will need to create one at www.southdakotaworks.org. (The video above outlines this process for you.) Select "Not Registered Yet" and follow the prompts. The information you enter into SDWORKS will be used during the registration process, so please enter the information as thoroughly as possible.
- Download and install Microsoft Teams onto your PC or Mac. To download to your tablet or smart phone, search Microsoft Teams in your device’s app store.
- When asked How do you want to use Teams, select For work and organizations. Click next.
- Enter your first and last name, then enter SDDLR under Company Name.
Once you complete the forms packet, the DLR Enrollment Team is alerted of your request. A DLR Specialist will reach out within three business days to schedule a time to meet virtually, through Microsoft Teams.