Marcia Hultman

Cabinet Secretary

Font Size: A A A

South Dakota Cosmetology Commission

Moving? Let us know!


Moving TO South Dakota?

If you are relocating to South Dakota, please see our pages of information on licensing for out of state applicants.

“If you have a personal name change or are moving within South Dakota, call the Commission at 605.773.6193 to give us your new name and/or personal mailing address. There is no charge to change your name or personal mailing address. (Please note that moving the physical location of a salon or booth requires a new salon or booth license. You may use the link shown here to apply for a new salon or booth license:

Certification of License TO Another State

If you are moving out of South Dakota and want to be licensed in your new state, please use the following link,
to request and pay for your certification online, or send us the following:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Telephone number
  • State you are moving to
  • South Dakota license number or Social Security number
  • Email address
  • $20 certification fee

We will complete the certification within a week of receiving your letter and the fee. To expedite the process and prevent fraud, we will email the certification directly to the state where you are seeking reciprocity and send you an email notifying you the certification has been sent.