- Home to DLR
- Back to Training Opportunities for Individuals
- Workforce Training for Young Adults
- Find a Career I Like
- Finish High School
- Get Work Experience
- Work for Myself
- Learn Money Management
- Find a Job
- Seek Training Opportunities
- Earn a National Career Readiness Certificate
- Job Service Offices
- SD UpSkill
- Summer Passport Series
Workforce Training for Young Adults
Work for Myself
Want to start your own business?
Question: What do Microsoft, Apple, Dell and Facebook all have in common?
Answer: They are all businesses started by people under age 22.
Starting a business is an exciting proposition, but it’s also an incredibly challenging undertaking.
You can learn more about the steps to starting your own business on the U.S. Small Business Administration website.
Resources for Self-employment
- Get started with online training from the Small Business Administration to learn about business start-up basics such as marketing, bookkeeping, loans, taxes and operations.
- Use the Local Assistance tool to find a business counselor or mentor near you.
Take the Next Step
To learn more about the Workforce Training program, contact your local job service office to schedule a meeting with an employment specialist.