- Home to DLR
- Home to Job Search Tools
- Search for Jobs Online
- Get Staff Assisted Help
- Learn the Basics
- Attend a Job Search Workshop
- Find Your Job Service Office
- View Relocation Resources
- Learn About Other Programs
- More Workforce Services for Individuals
- Voter Registration Information (NVRA)
Voter Registration Information
The National Voter Registration Act of 1993 (NVRA) is a federal voter registration law intended to:
- Provide increased opportunities for eligible citizens to register to vote.
- Increase voter participation.
- Ensure voter registries are accurate and up-to-date.
The NVRA requires the State of South Dakota to designate any government agency that 1) provides public assistance; or 2) administers State-funded programs, primarily engaged in providing services to persons with disabilities, as a Voter Registration Agency (VRA). A VRA is an agency that must provide voter registration services. The following South Dakota State government agencies and offices are VRAs:
- Department of Public Safety
- Department of Social Services
- Department of Health
- Department of Human Services
Certain VRAs are required to designate a NVRA Coordinator. Their contact information can be found here.
Monthly Voter Registration Activity
Agency Voter Registration Forms and Declination Forms
Policies and Procedures
Known or suspected NVRA compliance issues or violations at an Agency of any office where Covered Transactions* occur can be reported to the Secretary of State's office by emailing email@example.com.
*Covered Transactions: Transactions specified in the NVRA, 52 U.S.C 20506(a)(6)(A), including applications, renewals, and change of address requests for Driver's licenses and non-driver identification cards, 52 U.S.C 20504(a) & (d) and application, renewals, recertification, and change of address request for public assistance, 52 U.S.C. 20506(a)(6)(1), whether conducted in-person or remotely, and whether conducted at an Agency or another site pursuant to a contract or agreement with an Agency.