- Home to DLR
- Home to Job Search Tools
- Search for Jobs Online
- Get Staff Assisted Help
- Learn the Basics
- Attend a Job Search Workshop
- Find Your Job Service Office
- View Relocation Resources
- Learn About Other Programs
- More Workforce Services for Individuals
Job Search Tools
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
The South Dakota Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program is a public assistance program for families with serious financial needs. The Department of Social Services administers this economic assistance program and partners with the Department of Labor and Regulation to provide support to families on their journey to self-sufficiency.
For more details on applying for TANF and the program’s requirements, visit the South Dakota Department of Social Services (DSS) website.The Department of Labor and Regulation (DLR) helps TANF applicants and/or recipients with:
- Finding jobs by making job referrals, setting up interviews, and teaching you how to look for work.
- Coordinating opportunities such as, but not limited to:
Young adults whose families are receiving TANF are often eligible for assistance through our Job Service offices. Learn more at Career Launch SD.
If you would like to know more about TANF, contact your Job Service office or local DSS office.