- Home to DLR
- Home to Job Search Tools
- Search for Jobs Online
- Get Staff Assisted Help
- Learn the Basics
- Attend a Job Search Workshop
- Find Your Job Service Office
- View Relocation Resources
- Learn About Other Programs
- More Workforce Services for Individuals
- Voter Registration Information (NVRA)
Job Search Tools
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
The South Dakota Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program is a public assistance program for families with serious financial needs. The Department of Social Services administers this economic assistance program and partners with the Department of Labor and Regulation to provide support to families on their journey to self-sufficiency.
For more details on applying for TANF and the program’s requirements, visit the South Dakota Department of Social Services (DSS) website.The Department of Labor and Regulation (DLR) helps TANF applicants and/or recipients with:
- Finding jobs by making job referrals, setting up interviews, and teaching you how to look for work.
- Coordinating opportunities such as, but not limited to:
- High School Degree or Equivalency
- Adult Education
- Career Exploration
- Training Opportunities
Young adults whose families are receiving TANF are often eligible for assistance through our Job Service offices. Learn more at Career Launch SD.
If you would like to know more about TANF, contact your Job Service office or local DSS office.
Voter Registration Information
The National Voter Registration Act (NVRA) requires the State of South Dakota to designate any government agency that 1) provides public assistance; or 2) administers State-funded programs, primarily engaged in providing services to persons with disabilities, as a Voter Registration Agency (VRA). A VRA is an agency that must provide voter registration services. Learn more.