Marcia Hultman

Cabinet Secretary

Font Size: A A A


Consumer Complaint Reference List

South Dakota Division of Banking
1714 Lincoln Ave., Suite 2
Pierre, SD 57501
Phone: 605.773.3421
Fax: 866.326.7504

Handles complaints and regulates state chartered financial institutions.
File a complaint.

Comptroller of the Currency
Compliance Management
250 E Street SW
Mail Stop 3-9
Washington, DC 20219

Handles complaints and regulates national banks. (Usually have "national" in name or "N.A." after their names.) The Comptroller also handles complaints for and regulates federal savings and loan associations, and federal savings banks.

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
P.O. Box 4503
Iowa City, Iowa 52244
855.411.CFPB (2372)
TTY/TDD 855.729.CFPB (2372)

Handles consumer complaints related to Federal consumer financial laws, and enforces the same. Supervises banks, credit unions, and non-bank financial companies such as money lenders, mortgage lenders, and student loan companies.

The Federal Reserve Board
Division of Consumer and Community Affairs
20th and C Streets NW
Mail Stop 801
Washington, DC 20551

Handles complaints and regulates state-chartered banks. Also, administers Truth-in-Lending, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, and Fair Credit Reporting Act. 

Federal Trade Commission
Division of Credit Practices
600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20580

Handles complaints concerning most non-bank lenders, such as, mortgage and finance companies and state credit unions.

National Credit Union Administration
1775 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-3428

Handles complaints and regulates National Credit Unions.

back to top