Marcia Hultman

Cabinet Secretary

Font Size: A A A

New Hire Reporting

How to Report

Please note: Be sure to report to the New Hire Reporting Center the employee’s name and Social Security number as it appears on his or her Social Security card, even if the person's name has changed.

Report Online

Filing online is the fastest, easiest way to report your new hires. Simply click on the button below and log in. Filing online works best with Internet Explorer (IE) 8.0 and above and possibly with earlier versions of IE. You may experience issues with a different browser.

There are two methods you can use when reporting online:

  • Online Form – You will be able to enter your employees and be able to keep track of who you have already submitted to the New Hire Reporting Center.
  • File Transfer – We suggest this method for larger employers or for those with a large number of multiple employers. This method will require programming and may not be best suited for smaller employers. If you choose this option, you are required to follow the required format explained in the New Hire Reporting Record Layout document (Adobe PDF format).


If you have forgotten your user id or password and are not able to retrieve the information, you may call 888.827.6078 for assistance.

Report by Phone

Call 888.827.6078 (toll-free) or 605.626-2942 (local within Aberdeen, South Dakota).

Report by Fax

Fax your report to 888.835.8659 (toll-free) 605.626.2842 (local within Aberdeen, South Dakota).

Report by mail

New Hire Reporting Center
P.O. Box 4700
Aberdeen, SD 57402-4700

If you choose to send in the employee’s W-4 or write us with the new hire information, it must be legible and include all required data elements. Be sure to send us the information as it appears on the employee’s Social Security card.