- Home to DLR
- Home to Reemployment Assistance
- Advisory Council
- Services for Individuals
- Services for Businesses
- Employer Menu
- Register Your Business
- File a Quarterly Report
- Report New Hires
- Filing Instructions for Bulk Claims
- State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) e-Response
- Wage Reporting
- Preparing for an Audit
- Employer Handbook (Adobe PDF format)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Field Locations
- Posting Requirement
- Employer Appeals
- Report New Hires
- Report Possible Fraud
- Equal Opportunity to Services
- South Dakota Laws & Rules
Reemployment Assistance - Employer Bulk Claims
Employer Bulk Claims
Forms | FAQs
Employers can file bulk reemployment assistance benefit claims on behalf of their workers if they are laying off more than 50 workers. The employer can file on behalf of the individuals. This means individuals do not file an initial claim but they must complete the weekly request for payment.
Bulk claim services will eliminate the need for an employer to complete a Notice of Claim (DLR-RAD-238) for each employee individually. Accepting claims in bulk will save valuable time.
To File a Bulk Claim
Start the process by following the steps in the Bulk Claim Services Instructions for Employers document (Adobe PDF).
We will review all information submitted to establish and process a reemployment assistance claim for each employee and contact the designated contact person if additional information is needed.
After the employer submits the initial claim, the employee is responsible for filing a weekly request for payment each week. It’s how we know the employee wants to be paid. Please give your employees the Employer Bulk Claims: Employees Responsibilities handout (also available in Spanish), which outlines their responsibilities and the initial weekly request filing process.
Businesses can also call 605.626.2452 to speak to a customer service representative to answer any questions or concerns about bulk claims. To learn more, visit RAClaims.sd.gov.
Bulk Claim Services Instructions for Employers
Bulk Claims Application English | Spanish— Employers, give to your employees to complete and return to you.
Bulk Claim Employer Layoff List (Excel spreadsheet)
Employer Bulk Claims: Employees Responsibilities English | Spanish
Frequently Asked Questions for Bulk Claims from Employers
(This information is updated frequently. Check back for updates.)
1. Who can use South Dakota Reemployment Assistance (RA) Bulk Claim Services?
Any employer with 50 or more employees who will be impacted by a layoff or shutdown may use this service.
2. How will RA Bulk Claim Services benefit my company/business?
RA Bulk Claim Services will eliminate the need for an employer to complete a Notice of Claim (DLR-RAD-238).
3. Who do I contact about the RA Bulk Claim process?
To begin the process, contact the RA Division via e-mail at DLRRADivision@state.sd.us with the following information:
Subject Line: Bulk Claim Lay-off [insert company name]
Body of email:
- Name of company:
- Number of layoffs:
- Lay-off date:
- Company contact information (name, phone, email):
While waiting for the RA Division's response, have your employees fill out the Bulk Claims Application (also available in Spanish) and collect them.
Businesses will be required to submit a list of employees impacted by a layoff or shutdown. The RA Division will send you the Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet "Bulk Claim Employer Layoff List" to fill out and submit.
4. What information about my company/business do I need to provide on the spreadsheet?
You must provide the name of your company/business, the reemployment assistance account number, the address, and a designated company/business contact person’s name, phone number, and e-mail.
5. What information must I provide about my employees on the spreadsheet?
You must provide each employee’s first and last name, social security number, occupation, physical first and last day of work (month, day, and year), hours worked last week, normal work week hours, hourly rate, any gross monies paid to the employee at the time of separation (e.g., severance, vacation, etc.), and a return-to-work date, if applicable.
6. Once completed, how do I provide the required information?
- Email to DLRRAClaims@state.sd.us.
- Employee Applications
- Email all completed employee applications together to DLRRAClaims@state.sd.us; or
- Mail all completed employee applications together to
South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation
RA Division, Bulk Claims
P.O. Box 4730
Aberdeen, SD 57402-4730
7. What will happen once I submit the required information?
The RA Division will review the information submitted to establish and process a reemployment assistance claim for each employee. We will contact the designated contact person if additional information is needed.
8. Do my employees need to do anything else to receive their reemployment assistance benefits?
Yes. After the employer submits the initial claim, the employee is responsible for filing a weekly request for payment each week. It’s how we know the employee wants to be paid. After the employer submits the initial claim, an employee has one week to request weekly payment; the payment will not be initiated by the system until a request is filed for the week. See Employer Bulk Claims: Employees Responsibilities handout (also available in Spanish) for more information.
9. How long will the process take before my employees receive their RA (UI) benefits?
The RA Division will determine eligibility for benefits as expeditiously as possible.