- Home to DLR
- Home to Recruitment & Hiring
- Employer Connection Newsletter
- Labor Law Posters
- Layoff/Closure Services
- Informational Resources
- Find Your Job Service Office
- More Workforce Services for Businesses
Dakota Roots is a workforce recruitment program connecting out-of-state job seekers with in-state career opportunities. Any job listed in SDWORKS is posted to this website, which targets an additional labor force pool in surrounding states and nationwide.
Foreign Labor Certification
If you want to hire someone who is not a U.S. citizen, whether on a temporary (H2A or H2B) or on a permanent basis, allowing him or her to work in the United States, you must first get a Labor Certification from the U.S. Department of Labor. Learn more about foreign labor.
Individuals with Disabilities
There are many benefits of hiring people with disabilities. These individuals:
- Have equal or higher job performance rates
- Have higher retention rates
- Are experienced problem-solvers with a proven ability to adapt
- Create a favorable impression of your organization
- Bring unique perspective s and experiences to the workplace
- Improve productivity through innovation, creativity and tools (accommodations)
View a compilation of resources and additional information from the Ability for Hire awareness campaign.
The assets of older workers are increasingly being recognized by employers. Those assets include a strong work ethic, high productivity, extensive life and work experience, low absenteeism and turnover rates. Many South Dakota employers are hiring older workers as part of their recruitment efforts to utilize the skills, experience and talents they possess.
The Senior Community Service Employment Program helps eligible individuals earn income and receive training and experience to help develop employment skills while working part-time for a non-profit or government agency. As a host agency, you can give participants new skills enabling them to be competitive in the job market.
Many benefits exist for employers who hire veterans. Not only can you support the Guard and Reserve, but veterans have the following traits:
- Ability to work as a team member and leader
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to give and follow direction
- Sensitivity training
- Planning and organization
- Emphasis on safety
- Flexibility and adaptability
Work Opportunity Tax Credit
Employers can receive a tax credit by hiring employees from identified Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) target groups. These individuals consistently experience high rates of unemployment due to a variety of employment barriers.
- Helps people move from welfare to work
- Gains people on-the-job training experiences
- Helps workers prepare for quality jobs
- Creates high performance workplaces