- Home to DLR
- Home to Recruitment & Hiring
- Employer Connection Newsletter
- Labor Law Posters
- Layoff/Closure Services
- Informational Resources
- Find Your Job Service Office
- More Workforce Services for Businesses
Recruitment and Hiring
DLR provides and facilitates support, education and training to strengthen business in South Dakota. We make a coordinated effort to partner with government, non-profit, business and educational organizations to provide the tools and resources necessary for sustainable employment and economic self-sufficiency for the citizens of South Dakota.
POST A JOB
Use our online SDWORKS jobs database to post job listings or get one-on-one, customized support.
DLR has a variety of programs to help in your hiring needs and access to several targeted groups of workers.
- Dakota Roots
- Federal Bonding Program (Justice Involved Individuals/Individuals Recovering from Substance Abuse)
- Foreign Labor Certification
- Individuals with Disabilities
- Older Workers
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- New Hiring Reporting
- Soft Skills Training: Bring Your ‘A’ Game to Work
DLR also provides a general application template for businesses (Microsoft Word format).
New to Hiring Employees?
The following resources are available:
- Governor’s Office of Economic Development Business Start-up Packet
- South Dakota Business Help: Business Planning Guide
- Reemployment Assistance Tax
- IRS Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center
- SD.gov Portal Business Content
Labor Law Posters
Download the two state posting requirements and other federal posting requirements. Remember, a “6-in-1 poster” is available from your local job service office at no cost.
Business services staff can provide on-site information and assistance to employees affected by downsizing.
Find Your Job Service Office
Each of South Dakota’s job service offices is staffed with trained professionals ready to help businesses maintain a skilled workforce and handle various labor issues.