Marcia Hultman

Cabinet Secretary

Font Size: A A A


How to File a Complaint Against a Financial Institution

All complaints against institutions regulated by the South Dakota Division of Banking are filed online. Please review the helpful links below to ensure your complaint is filed with the appropriate regulatory agency. If your institution is a state chartered Federal Reserve member bank, you may also file a complaint with the Federal Reserve. If your bank is a state chartered non-member bank, you may file a complaint with the FDIC. In both cases, links are provided below. Please review the frequently asked questions for additional information.

Complaint Form in Adobe PDF format (Complete online.)

Complaint Form in Microsoft Word format

back to top

Additional Regulatory Agencies and Related Links

Board of Governors of The Federal Reserve System

Comptroller of the Currency

Conference of State Bank Supervisors

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation

Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis

Secretary of State

South Dakota census figures

South Dakota Division of Insurance

South Dakota Division of Securities

State Treasurers' Unclaimed Property website

back to top

If you cannot find the information you are looking for among the topics listed in the left-hand menu or through one of the options above, please contact us.