Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)
Information for Participants
Individuals applying for the SCSEP must meet specific eligibility requirements in order to participant:
- A resident of South Dakota
- 55 years of age or older
- A limited income of no more than 125 percent of the federal poverty level
As a participant of the SCSEP you will:
- Earn income
- Receive training and experience to help develop employment skills
- Receive free annual physical exams
- Have the chance to obtain full- or part-time unsubsidized employment
- Partake in meaningful social and physical activities
- Engage in activities to support independence
Where the Program Is Offered
The SCSEP program is currently offered in three areas of the state: West River, East River and Central. See a map of coverage areas with contact information.
To learn more about the program, visit with your workforce experts at any South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation local office.
How to Apply
If you are interested in participating in the SCSEP, complete and submit an application. The SCSEP application form can be completed electronically (Adobe PDF format) and is also available at all DLR local offices.
If you have any questions or need additional information about SCSEP, please contact us.