- Home to DLR
- Home to Division of Insurance
- About Us
- Applications, Forms, Reports, & Related Fees
- Bail Bonds
- Commission Sharing/Commission Rebating
- Continuing Education
- Enforcement/Administrative Actions
- Guidance for Producers - Various Topics
- Laws, Administrative Rules, Bulletins, Memorandums
- Publications (Alerts, Newsletters)
- Report Insurance Fraud
- Securities Regulation
- Sign up for Alerts & Bulletins
- Workers' Compensation
- Contact the Division of Insurance
Division of Insurance - Producer Information
National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Electronic Licensing Initiatives
South Dakota subscribes to the NAIC's Producer Data Base (PDB) on the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR) and downloads, on a daily basis, to the centralized national database all licensing data for all licensed producers.
To access the database on NIPR you must have a valid customer number and personal identification number (PIN), which may be obtained by calling NIPR's product information line at 816.783.8468. Before receiving a customer number and PIN, you will be asked to sign a license agreement. Access to the PDB will be granted with the executed license agreement and issued customer number and PIN.
South Dakota does not offer electronic appointment renewals at this time. South Dakota requires electronic appointments through NIPR or Sircon.
You may access NIPR online, call NIPR's product information line at 816.783.8468 or utilize Sircon online.
return to Topics list
Contact the Division of Insurance