- Home to DLR
- Home to Plumbing Commission
- Commission Information
- Disciplinary Actions
- Consumer Complaints
- Homeowner Plumbing
- South Dakota Laws & Rules
- Useful Links
- Contact Us
- Other Boards & Commissions
South Dakota Plumbing Commission
The State Plumbing Commission administers and establishes educational, training and examination requirements for each of the following occupations.
- Plumbing contractor, journeyman and apprentices
- Sewer and water contractor, installer and apprentices.
- Appliance contractor, installer and apprentices.
- Water conditioning contractor, installer and apprentices.
- Mobile home contractor, installer and apprentices.
- Underground irrigation contractor, installer and apprentices.
Exams are held in Pierre, SD at any time by advance appointment. Exams are also held in Sioux Falls, SD and Rapid City, SD but not on specific pre-set dates. They are held in these locations when the office has received enough applicants to warrant travel to those sites. (Eight to 10 applicants is minimum to warrant travel to those sites.)
Fee Exam Costs (for first time exam)
|Appliance Installation Contractor||$240.00|
|Appliance Installation Installer||$155.00|
|Mobile Home Contractor||$240.00|
|Mobile Home Installer||$155.00|
|Restricted Plumbing Contractor||$190.00|
|Restricted Journeyman Plumber||$145.00|
|Restricted Sewer & Water Contractor||$190.00|
|Restricted Sewer & Water Installer||$145.00|
|Sewer & Water Contractor||$300.00|
|Sewer & Water Installer||$155.00|
|Water Conditioning Contractor||$240.00|
|Water Conditioning Installer||$155.00|