- Home to DLR
- Home to Plumbing Commission
- Commission Information
- Disciplinary Actions
- Consumer Complaints
- Homeowner Plumbing
- South Dakota Laws & Rules
- Useful Links
- Contact Us
- Other Boards & Commissions
South Dakota Plumbing Commission
Each applicant for renewal of a plumbing contractor, restricted plumbing contractor, plumber or restricted plumber license must successfully complete a minimum of four hours of continuing education relating to the plumbing trade during the previous calendar year.
All Continuing Education providers, please go through the application process with StateReporting.com so licensees can link to the Approved Continuing Education Providers and meet their annual continuing education requirements.
Online training is available through the following approved education providers:
@ Your Pace Online
B.R. Engelking Co. Inc.
CE Made Simple
The CEU Authority
Additional Acceptable Course Offerings
- Other Plumbing Commission offerings.
- South Dakota Association of Plumbing, Heating and Cooling Contractors, Inc. (SDPHCC)
- International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Official offerings.
- National Association of Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Contractors offerings.
- SD Rural Water Association offerings.
- South Dakota Association of Plumbing, Heating and Cooling Contractors, Inc. (SDPHCC) 2016 Continuing Education Classes (Adobe PDF format)
- A continuing education course offered in another state may be accepted if the course meets or exceeds the requirements of South Dakota.
Continuing Education Class Offerings (Adobe PDF format)
Registration Information and Form (Adobe PDF format)
For more information, visit the SDPHCC website.
Any courses offered by the above-mentioned associations require prior approval from the SD State Plumbing Commission.
The commission may make exceptions and grant extensions for continuing education for reasons of health, military service or other reasonable cause if adequate proof is provided to the commission.