- Home to DLR
- Home to Services for Veterans
- Information for Veterans
- Information for Employers
- Find Your Job Service Office
Services for Veterans
Gold Card for Veterans
The Gold Card provides post-9/11 era veterans with the intensive and follow-up services they need to succeed in today's job market. The Gold Card initiative is a joint effort of the U.S. Department of Labor's Employment and Training Administration (ETA) and the Veterans' Employment and Training Service (VETS).
An eligible veteran can present the Gold Card at his/her South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation local office to receive enhanced intensive services including up to six months of follow-up. The enhanced in-person services available for Gold Card holders at local offices may include:
- Job readiness assessment, including interviews and testing;
- Development of an Individual Development Plan (IDP);
- Career guidance through group or individual counseling that helps veterans in making training and career decisions;
- Provision of labor market, occupational, and skills transferability information that inform educational, training, and occupational decisions;
- Referral to job banks, job portals, and job openings;
- Referral to employers and registered apprenticeship sponsors;
- Referral to training by WIA-funded or third party service providers; and
- Monthly follow-up by an assigned case manager for up to six months.
Eligible veterans can print a Gold Card (in Adobe PDF format) from the U.S. Department of Labor website.
Another valuable veteran employment site, www.veterans.gov, provides veterans and transitioning service members with resources for transferring military skills to the civilian job market, researching new career opportunities, assistance with formulating a resume’ geared toward employment in either the public or private sector, and agencies and organizations that can assist you with career development and employment. This and other beneficial information can be found by using the Veterans Employment Center.
You can also find useful information on starting your own business on this website.