- Home to DLR
- Home to Division of Insurance
- About Us
- Agent or Company License Verification
- File a Complaint
- File an External Review Request
- Find Company Financial Ratings
- Guidance on Various Topics
- Laws, Administrative Rules, Bulletins, Memorandums
- Publications (Alerts, Newsletters)
- Report Insurance Fraud
- Search Insurance Company Rate and Form Filings
- Sign up for Alerts & Bulletins
- Useful Links
- Workers' Compensation
- Contact the Division of Insurance
Division of Insurance
What to Do After a Flood
Contact Your Agent or Company Representative to Report Your Loss
Have ready the name of your insurance company, policy number and a phone number and/or email address where you can be reached.
Separate Your Property
Your policy will also require you to separate your damaged property from undamaged property. Do not throw anything away. If possible please place damaged items outside your home.
Make a List of Damaged Contents
If you have purchased contents coverage, make a list of damaged property. Include age and their value when possible. Take photographs.
List Areas of Structural Damage
Look over your property, make a list of structural damage you want to point out to the insurance adjuster.
For additional questions on the above information, please contact the Division of Insurance or visits FloodSmart.gov.