Marcia Hultman

Cabinet Secretary

Font Size: A A A

Division of Insurance

What to Do After a Flood


Contact Your Agent or Company Representative to Report Your Loss

Have ready the name of your insurance company, policy number and a phone number and/or email address where you can be reached.

Separate Your Property

Your policy will also require you to separate your damaged property from undamaged property. Do not throw anything away. If possible please place damaged items outside your home.

Make a List of Damaged Contents

If you have purchased contents coverage, make a list of damaged property. Include age and their value when possible. Take photographs.

List Areas of Structural Damage

Look over your property, make a list of structural damage you want to point out to the insurance adjuster.

For additional questions on the above information, please contact the Division of Insurance or visits




Contact the Division of Insurance