The South Dakota Plumbing Commission works to keep the citizens of our state and their property safe from the hazards associated with unsafe drinking water and unsafe waste disposal facilities.
- administers the state laws and regulations concerning plumbing
- inspects plumbing installations
- investigates complaints related to plumbing
- licenses all qualified plumbers within the state
- ensures updating and distribution of the state plumbing code
- informs plumbers, inspection departments and the public about code requirements, new products and methods of installation
- provides information of the Commission's activities, recommendations and requirements