Notice of revisions in South Dakota Administrative Rules
Effective January 7, 2014 the Appraiser Certification Program adopted changes to the administrative rules regarding appraisers (ARSD 20-14). The changes are as follows:
- Appraisers must give written notice of any change of email address, if available.
- State-Registered and Supervisors must complete the Training Course for Supervisory/State-Registered Appraisers before supervision begins.
- Clarification that nonclient appraisal experience involving case studies, practicum courses, and nonclient appraisal experience is acceptable but may not exceed 50 percent of the total experience requirement.
- Adoption of the 2014-2015 Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice.
- Continuing education is not required if a first-time applicant’s appraiser certificate was issued in the previous 185 days before September 30 of the current odd-numbered year.
- If a first-time applicant’s appraiser certificate was issued on or after October 1 of the previous even-numbered year and prior to 185 days before September 30 of the current odd-numbered year the appraiser is only required to complete fourteen hours of continuing education.