For both new applicants and applicants claiming experience:
Classifications and Requirements of Appraisers
Approved Qualifying Education
Qualifying Education Course Matrix
Please note: Resident and non-resident appraisers may be required to apply for a South Dakota Sales Tax License. Please call the South Dakota Department of Revenue at 800.829.9188 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a sales tax application.
Additional information and forms for applicants claiming experience:
Appraisal Experience Log and a completed example Experience Log
Work Product Review Procedures
For applicants seeking renewal of certification
For applicants seeking a temporary permit
- Forms will not be processed if incomplete or improperly completed. The application must be typed or printed clearly in ink, and must be accompanied by the appropriate fees.
- The Social Security number of any applicant must be listed on the application pursuant to South Dakota Codified Law (SDCL) 25-7A-56.2.
- Upon application approval, you must pass a national examination.
- An application is valid for only 90 days.
- Note that once you become licensed, you will be required to renew yearly with continuing education required every odd renewal year.
back to top
Executive Director, Sherry Bren
South Dakota Appraiser Certification Program
308 South Pierre Street
Pierre, SD 57501